Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How to Disable the new program highlight in Start panel


If you are using Windows XP new start panel then this trick may become very useful to you. Let’s take a example of mine, When I install Windows XP first time in my PC, I was very much impressed with the new looks and features that it is providing. In Windows XP, Windows has introduced a feature that search the new program installed and highlight it for the user convenient to make sure that, the user doesn’t have to make a search for the new program files. For first few days this feature worked great for me, but after some time I got to know that it is not working properly. Many times it doesn’t highlight the new program which is just installed and in some case it gets reverse, means they get highlighted for several weeks  although I had clicked them several times. I have to face this nonsense regularly and without knowing what to do? But after some time I had decided that enough is enough, I don’t need this feature anymore, I have to blocked this nonsense, but the most important question that arose in front of me was, what should i do to stop this stupid feature. But, all thanks to those Windows XP developers who had made it easy for everyone to come out of this sick feature. If you are also one of the victim of this then follow this nice trick :-




  •           Right click the Start button and select properties.
  •       Click on Start menu tab and then Click Customize.
  •          Click Advanced menu tab on the top.




  •   At last, uncheck the  ‘Highlight newly installed programs’ option.
  • Click Ok to finish











"Feel free to write me or leave comments for me"






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...