Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

How to Enable Keyboard Num Lock On from the system Startup


If you having a password in your computer that is containing number, then you mostly use number pad to enter digits and even me too, I also use number pad to enter numeric charter in the password. When we turn on a computer, by default its number pad is disable. Nearly thousands of times my password goes wrong because of this and I don’t have any idea what has happened with me, for 2 – 3 seconds. And then I suddenly realize that my number pad is disable.


This trick is great for desktop user but not a such big deal for laptop user because if you enable this in laptop then half of the key will behave like a Number Pad. If you are using desktop computer with a full size keyboard with a separate number pad then it will work great for you. 



  • To get started, Click Start and then Run. Insert regedit in the box, then Ok.
  •   Once Registry Editor dialog box opens, Click HKEY_USERS, .DEFAULT, Control panel, and Keyboard.
  •  Click on Initialkeyboard Indicators from the left column, right click it, and select Modify. To Enable Num Lock, you will want to enter ‘2 into the box.

  • Click ok to finish.
If ever you want to revert the setting then, repeat those steps again  and replace the value of InitialKeyboard Indicators to ‘0’.










"Feel free to write me or leave comments for me"





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...